Saturday, November 15, 2008

Another Liberia Update

Maria Luyken is introduced by Kris Ewbank and Bryan Bishop. Maria leads the West African Children Support Network (WACSN) in Liberia. Maria speaks on the efforts in WACSN and its collaboration with FreshStart Fellowship and Delta Force. This event took place on the evening of Wednesday Oct 29, 2008 in Fairview, Oklahoma. Maria begins speaking about 7 minutes into the video after introductions by Kris Ewbank of Fresh Start Fellowship and Bryan Bishop with DELTA Force Missions. It's a very exciting talk.



My favorite part is about 47 minutes into the video Maria says: "When I go to Liberia I feel like I'm going into the past. When I come here I feel like I came to the future. So in my mind I think, wow, I see the future and I go back to the past. God has given us and opportunity to go back to the past. Knowing what we know today in the future, what would we change here? What would we do differently for the Lord? That's the charge we have. What are we going to do? Are we going to make the same mistakes here? What are we going to do?"

0 comments: